Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Time of Transformation

It would appear a new me is emerging and I love it. I have recently decided to stop hiding who I am.  No longer will I hide my Pagan jewelry.  No longer will I be evasive when someone asks me what my path is.  I am proud of who I am and what I have become (all of me).  Granted I am not going to run down the streets professing my Wiccan faith but nor will I feel this is something that needs to be kept in the dark.

Back when I lived in Brooklyn all my friends and most of my family that I kept in contact with knew my faith and they accepted it, even if they did not understand or like it.  They, my fiance, and our children are the only ones that matter most to me.  If I still have their love then that is all I need.  Over the last couple of months I stopped hiding away my Pagan books around the house for far of my step-son seeing it.  I have no doubt that he would accept my Pagan path but I did not want his mother to find out and perhaps start trouble for my fiance.  I have discussed this with my fiance and he does not care if his son knows.  I still have not out right confirmed my path to him but I think he knows.  He as asked to read one of my books on Wicca and seems to have interest in learning about it (not that he wants to follow it but for knowledge sake).

My daughter, who is 2 years old, is already a little familiar with the Goddess.  She will not be raised in any particular faith, but she will definitely be exposed to Wicca and Christianity.  I also hope to teach her about world religions though my knowledge base of these are not as extensive.

I have fully begun to embrace my path.  I am delving deeper into aspects of my faith that I was previously hesitate too.  I am now taking the time to learn every element of ritual, spellwork, etc.  When I first started on this path I skipped over crucial information (like learning in depth about the Guardians/Quarters/Elementals) as I doubted my ability to grasp them.  With in the last few months I have gone back to basics. I am rereading some of my old books and going through new ones.  This time I am learning about the why of things and the history of Wicca and Paganism (deeper than my prior knowledge).  I am even doing an online 1st degree course, which takes you through the basics of Wicca, ritual design, etc.

Yes change is in the air and a new me is breaking through :)

4 comments:

OathBoundSecrets said...

This is so strange, I have been on the path for just about 15 years and am experiencing the same transformation! Blessings )O(

Unknown said...

Clearly 2012 promises to be a year of expansion :)

Anonymous said...

I too have gone back to the basics to brush up on my craft. I am also thinking about teaching the basics.

Unknown said...

I love to call myself an eternal student because I am always learning. As I see it even teachers are students too. Mesiyah, if you feel you are ready then you should definately teach.