Friday, June 1, 2012

Somethings Missing

I have been Catholic for just over half my life. I have recently come to realize that residual traces of that former life is still with me today.  No where is this more clear than in my spiritual practice.  Over the years I have gotten to know Isis. I honor her mainly as mother and healer.  But there is a certain distance that I keep between us. 

As a Catholic you are not taught to have a personal and familiar relationship with Deity.  We are to beseech, honor and fear God.  God is impersonal. It is the priest who is basically the voice of God on earth.  It is he who you make your confessions too.  Aside for the occasional call for aid to God and prayers, it is the priest who you seek absolution from in the name of God. 

In the Wiccan faith this is not the case.  Your relationship with Deity is more personal, one on one, loving without fear.  For me I still hold that fear of Deity and I think this does hold me back from giving myself over complete to the God and Goddess. I do honor them, give them offerings and prayers of thanks.  But I feel that something deeper is missing, I just don't know what exactly.

I feel that there is a wall with in me, if I could only find a way to knock it down.  I feel that it is this barrier that is also keeping my intuitive nature at bay.  When I was young I was very intuitive.  I could sense when something bad was going to happen, on occasion I even knew to whom.  I was able to walk into a room and feel the energies in there, usually if there was a great deal of tension, oppression or even a recent fight (this I can still do but not on the dame level as before).  I feel that this block also affects my work with the Tarot.  My readings just do not seem as on point as in the past.

I intend to communicate more with Isis and Ganesh, as they are the forms of the Goddess and God that I connect most with.  I mean beyond daily prayer and devotionals.  I am going to try and mediate on a regular basis.  Hopefully this will deepen my connects to Deity and give me the answers I need.

1 comment:

Alan said...

To be honest, love, if you want to connect deeper to Deity and strengthen your intuition at the same time, there are three things I would recommend for you.

1. Meditate. But don't just meditate. Run energies and further open your chakras - especially your third eye.

2. Skip any formal rituals with your deities and just say "Hi" to them every day. If you need to do anything more, they will draw you, and all you need to do then is to talk to them as if they were friends sitting in front of you. This is how my relationship with Kwan Yin has blossomed. (And I do Abe stuff, too, but the friend thing is the most important part of my relationship with Kwanny.)

3. Be easy and free with yourself. There's no need to do a bunch of complicated stuff to try and get their attention. They are there, and they hear you at all times. More importantly, they feel you at all times.

4. You might wanna try the book, "You Are Psychic" by Debra Katz. it's a book that is primarily aimed at developing Clarivoyance, but I applied the same principles to my Clairsentience and it's bloomed like nobody's business. LOL