Sunday, July 24, 2011

Interesting Time at the Bookstore

Yesterday when we went to the bookstore as usual we all went our separate way's.  My partner went to the Science Fiction and Fanasy section, his son went roaming and the baby and I ventured to the New Age secton.  While exploring some Tarot decks and a few books I had my eye on, my partner's soon came over and was looking as some books.  Now he has no idea that I am Wiccan.  He is technically Catholic but he is not very informed on his religion as his father is not a religious man nor is he Catholic.  He has gone to Church with his grandmother on occasion (his mother's mother) which he does not care for.  Over the years it is I who have answered his questions on Catholocism.  I try to keep my answers based on fact and not through my opinion on the subject in to it.  However, I have made it clear that this is a religion that I do not and could not follow.  Now that he is 15years old I personally think he could make an informed decision about what he spiritually believes, however this is not my call as he is not my child though I have been in his life for about 5 years now (living with them for 4).

He began thumbing through books on spirit guides and expressed that he would like a book.  To which I told him we will see.  He then started to look at some spell books.  He asked me "does this stuff really work"?  I told him I suppose that depends on what you believe.  I did not really want to get too into it because I did not know if this was something my partner wanted me to get into with him.  As far as our daughter is concerned we already decided that she will know everything.  But I want to respect the relationship of his son and even his son's mother.  Therefore I was not going to say too much with out his official OK.    His son then told that he friend was interested in spellcraft.  I thought this was very interesting because it says a lot for his openmindedness (is that a word lol).  His father and I both think he is interested in this girl.  When he was out of earshot I did ask his father if it was alright if he had the Spirit Guide book to which he replied, "baby if I do not have a problem with what you believe why should I have a prolem with my son learning about it."  I tell you nothing could warm my heart more.

Maybe I will expose his son to a little more, something safe so that his mother does not cause any problems.  After all this area is not all that open minded.